Accredited Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) calculations are undertaken on request. They can be carried out on receipt of adequate information as detailed in current Building Regulations / Standards. SAP calculations can incorporate NHER certificates if required and can be supported with a full report.
The calculation takes into account a range of factors that contribute to energy efficiency:
- the materials used in the construction (thermal mass);
- the thermal insulation of the building fabric;
- detailing at junctions (linear thermal bridging);
- the level of air tightness of the building;
- the heating and hot water system and controls;
- the ventilation system used in the building;
- the amount of low energy lighting;
- the fuels used to provide heating, hot water, ventilation and lighting; and
- the glazing type and orientation (solar gains).